The First National Palliative Care Summit, a hybrid conference and internet event, is the leading forum on palliative and end-of-life care. We are pleased to offer a faculty composed of experts throughout the field of palliative medicine, including active practitioners, academics, heads of associations, and more.
The National Palliative Care Summit explores the unique and evolving roles that palliative medicine and hospice care play in our health care system. Since some end-of-life care can contribute needlessly to the ever-rising cost of medicine, it is vital to understand better its uses in the context of the hospital, physician's office, outpatient clinic, and home. The Summit deals with the implications of palliative medicine on both a macro and micro level, illuminating the many ways to improve the quality of care, promote individual and family engagement, ensure respect for patient decisions, keep costs under control, and provide care with greater efficiency. Since there are no greater and more trying decisions than those made at the end of a patient's life, the ethics of end-of-life care will also be explored by experienced professionals. The Summit also offers a special preconference symposium on Hospice and Palliative Care in the Nursing Home and the unique challenges and opportunities it poses.
The Summit will be offered both onsite and live over the Internet with a six-month archive of all presentations.
Who Should Attend:
- Medical Directors
- Managed Care Executives (Medical Directors, Pharmacy Managers)
- Hospice Directors and Staff
- Health Plan Executives
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Nursing Home Directors and Staff
- Directors and Deputy Directors, State Departments of Public Health
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Managers
- Case Managers -- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Directors, Disease Management
- Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Psychologists and Social Workers
- Pharmacy Managers
- Pharmacists (retail, chain and convenient care)
- Community/Independent Pharmacists
- Child Life Specialists
- Employers: Corporate Medical Officers, Chief Human Resource Officers, Heads, SVPs, VPs
- Healthcare Economists